Sendi IO Privacy and Cookies Policy
- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our contacts and customers; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Sendi IO Ltd, a company registered in Israel under company number 516080744. For more details about us, see section 11 below.
- How we use your personal dataIn this section 2 we have set out:
(a) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
(b) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
(c) the legal bases for our processing of information.
- We may process data about your use of our website, app and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed so that we may analyze use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing of information is our legitimate interest, namely to monitor and improve our website and services.
- We may process information relating to you as an administrator of our services (“administrator information”). Administrator information may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name, credit card payment information, customer and delivery information (such as scheduling information and delivery destination). You provide us with the administrator information during the account registration process. The administrator information may be processed for the purposes of improving and streamlining the speed and efficiency with which we interact with you through our website and mobile applications.
The legal basis for this processing of information is our fulfilment of our contracts with our customers as well as our legitimate interests, namely ensuring proper management and efficient interaction with the administrators of our services.
- We may process information relating to you as one of our contacts (“contact data”). The contact data may be provided by you, one of our customers or one of our administrators and include your name, address, contact details and information contained in communications between us and you. The source of the contact relationship data is you. The contact relationship data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers and potential customers, communicating with them, keeping records of those communications and promoting our products and services to contacts.
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper management of our contacts. Contacts who object to receiving marketing communication from us, will not receive such communications.
- We may process information relating to you as one of our customers, including your contact information and type of service you purchased (“customer data”). The customer data may include your name, address, your contact details, location and information contained in communications between us and you. The source of the customer data is you. The customer data may be processed for the purposes of fulfilling our agreements with customers, managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers and keeping records of those communications to make future services more efficient.
The legal basis for this processing is our fulfilling of our contracts with customers as well as our legitimate interests, namely the proper management of our customer relationships.
- We may process information relating to you as a driver using our service and/or working with one of our administrators or customers (“driver information”). Driver information may include your name, email address, phone number, geolocation information and transportation method. The source of the driver information is you as the driver, with your location provided only during such periods of time that you are logged on to our services/mobile applications. Driver data may be processed for the purposes of ensuring the proper and efficient function of our services.
The legal basis for this processing is the fulfilment of our contracts with our customers and/or administrators as well as our legitimate interests, namely the proper function of our services, which depend on knowing delivery times and any potential delays that may affect our administrators and/or customers and/or contacts.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business and risk management.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set forth in this section 2, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Providing your personal data to others
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We may disclose personal data to [such as Mailchimp or another similar service that can process e-mailings] for the purpose of operating our mailing operations.
- We may disclose personal data to our suppliers of database software insofar as reasonably necessary for establishing such a database.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this section 3, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- International transfers of your personal data
- In this section 4, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK.
- We have offices Israel. The European Commission has made an “adequacy decision” with respect to the data protection laws of Israel.
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in the [European Union, the UK or Israel]. [The European Commission has made an “adequacy decision” with respect to the data protection laws of each of these countries.]
- Retaining and deleting personal data
- This section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure. As a general rule, personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Your usage data, contact data and customer data will be retained for a maximum period of [2 years] following the last interaction between the data subject and us.
- The administrator information and driver data will be retained for [6 months] after the last interaction between the data subject and us.
- In some cases, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the legitimate need for this data to improve the quality and efficiency of our services and products.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section 5, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you agree with any changes to this policy.
- Your rights
- In this section 7, we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection laws to the extent that you are a EU or UK resident and are considered a natural person. Non-EU/UK residents and non-natural persons may only benefit from these rights to the extent that they apply pursuant to applicable legislation.
Some of the rights are complex, and not all the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the applicable regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
- Your principal rights, as a natural person in the EU or UK, under data protection laws are:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to confirm our processing of your personal data and, where we do process your personal data you have the right to receive certain additional information. This additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data being processed and the recipients of the personal data. Provided that the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, accounting for the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Such circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, and the processing is for direct marketing purposes. However, there are exceptions to the right to erasure. The general exceptions include, where processing is necessary: for compliance with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Such circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of said objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- If, as a resident of the EU or UK, you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence/the UK, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us, in addition to the other methods specified in this section 7.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may either be “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date, while a session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Our website does not contain any persistent cookies. We make limited use of session cookies, and will mainly only use these session cookies for the purpose of redirecting users to their respective territory website, e.g. UK, Israel, etc., and possibly for the purpose of displaying alerts and disclaimers required by law.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, and we do not link personal information that we process to the information obtained from cookies.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, as well as to delete cookies. The methods for performing these actions vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. However, blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- Personal data of children
- Our website and services are targeted at persons over the age of 18.
- If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete that personal data.
- Our contact information
- This website is owned and operated by Sendi IO Ltd.
- Personal data of children
- We are registered in the State of Israel under registration number 516080744 and our registered office is at 7 Donash Street, Ramat Gan, Israel.
- You can contact us:
(a) by post, to the postal address given above;
(b) using our website contact form; or